HANDMADE natural wine expo at Builders Arms Hotel
We are looking forward to participating in the HANDMADE natural wine show at the Builders Arms Hotel in Fitzroy in May. We will join a number of local natural wine producers and our importer colleagues from 12:30 to 4:30 on Sunday 25th May.
We will be pouring the exciting wines of Michel Guignier from Beaujolais and Dominique Belluard from the Savoie. But you might also see us sampling the ethereal wines of Jean Francois Ganevat from the Jura at Andrew Guard's stand or the amazing wines from the lovely people from Cantina Giardino at the Vini Imports stand or the stunning Sancerre wines made by Sebatian Riffault imported by Eurocentric.
And we will also take the time to enjoy some local wines from Tom Shobbrook, Pat Sullivan and Anton von Klopper among others.
March newsletter now available
Our March edition of the Wine Talk newsletter is now available and is packed with interesting special offers for you.
The newsletter has six special offers this month, plus some information about the Chablis and Chitry regions to accompany the special offer on our de Moor Aligoté and Chitry wines that we import from that region. We also write about the wonderful wines of Vincent Carême from Vouvray in the Loire Valley. There is also a long article about the winemaking technique known as carbonic maceration.
Lots of new arrivals
We have just received a large shipment with 41 new cuvees that we are ready to sell. All are listed in our Buy Wine section which you can peruse by clicking on the menu option above.
We have received wines from the following producers:
- Domaine Piollot from Champagne who make stunning natural wines in the Brut, Extra Brut and Rose styles. In this shipment we have an allocation of an extremely rare Champagne made entirely from Pinot Blanc.
- Domaine de la Cadette and their other associated domaines. These are perennial favourites. People love the Les Saulniers and Les Chatelaines Chardonnay wines as well as the amazing Melon de Bourgogne that is always a favourite.
- Domaine Mosse with some of their amazing Anjou wines made from Chenin Blanc and other grapes that are popular in this area. We have the Magic of Juju back again and very small quatities of some of their top end wines such as the Initials Blanc.
- This year we have ordered lots of magnums from emerging winemaker Julien Altaber (Sextant) in Burgundy. We also have new supplies of his very popular Bourgogne Blanc and Bourgogne Rouge.
- Domaine Saint Nicolas has sent us as much wine as they could due to the very bad growing seaon they experienced. The yield was very low but the quality of the grapes was very good, so the small allocation that we received is of excellent quality.
This is a brief summary. If you would like more details please feel free to send us an email.
Complete wine catalogue on-line
In response to many requests we now have all of our wines listed along with the recommended retail price on the Buy Wine page which you can get to by clicking on the Buy Wine menu option above.
If you are not on the mailing list all you have to do is type your email address into the 'Receive our Newsletter' box on the right and click on Send then confirm your choice. The newsletter contains information about special packs which contain a number of the recent arrivals.
We stock wines from the following regions/appellations:
Jura, Arbois, Arbois Pupillin, Savoie, Ayse, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon, Cote de Brouilly, Fleurie, Moulin a Vent, Champagne, Anjou, Fiefs Vendeens, Aveyron, Gaillac, Provence, Ventoux, Rhone (southern and northern), Touraine, Bourgueil, Sancerre, Chablis, Saint Bris, Bourgogne Vezelay, Bourgogne Aligote, Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Saint Aubin, Maranges, Monthelie, Aloxe-Corton, Beaune, Savigny-les-Beaune, Mercurey, Gevrey-Chambertin, Chitry, Coteaux-du-Layon, Savennieres, Cheverny, Cour-Cheverny, Muscat de Rivesaltes, Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Vin de Pays des Côtes Catalanes, Buzet, Muscadet, Languedoc, St Jean de Minervois, Cairanne, Coteau d'Ancenis, Vouvray.