February newsletter now available
Our February edition of the Wine Talk newsletter is now available and is packed with interesting special offers for you.
The newsletter has five special offers this month, plus some information about the Champagne region to accompany the special offer on our fabulous Piollot 'grower Champagnes' that we import from that region (and we explain what a grower Champagne is as well). We also write about the recent Rootstock natural wine event in Sydney and discus the wonderful wines from Vezelay made by Jean and Valentin Montanet.
Lots of new arrivals
We have just received a large shipment with 41 new cuvees that we are ready to sell. All are listed in our Buy Wine section which you can peruse by clicking on the menu option above.
We have received wines from the following producers:
- Domaine Piollot from Champagne who make stunning natural wines in the Brut, Extra Brut and Rose styles. In this shipment we have an allocation of an extremely rare Champagne made entirely from Pinot Blanc.
- Domaine de la Cadette and their other associated domaines. These are perennial favourites. People love the Les Saulniers and Les Chatelaines Chardonnay wines as well as the amazing Melon de Bourgogne that is always a favourite.
- Domaine Mosse with some of their amazing Anjou wines made from Chenin Blanc and other grapes that are popular in this area. We have the Magic of Juju back again and very small quatities of some of their top end wines such as the Initials Blanc.
- This year we have ordered lots of magnums from emerging winemaker Julien Altaber (Sextant) in Burgundy. We also have new supplies of his very popular Bourgogne Blanc and Bourgogne Rouge.
- Domaine Saint Nicolas has sent us as much wine as they could due to the very bad growing seaon they experienced. The yield was very low but the quality of the grapes was very good, so the small allocation that we received is of excellent quality.
This is a brief summary. If you would like more details please feel free to send us an email.
Complete wine catalogue on-line
In response to many requests we now have all of our wines listed along with the recommended retail price on the Buy Wine page which you can get to by clicking on the Buy Wine menu option above.
If you are not on the mailing list all you have to do is type your email address into the 'Receive our Newsletter' box on the right and click on Send then confirm your choice. The newsletter contains information about special packs which contain a number of the recent arrivals.
We stock wines from the following regions/appellations:
Jura, Arbois, Arbois Pupillin, Savoie, Ayse, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon, Cote de Brouilly, Fleurie, Moulin a Vent, Champagne, Anjou, Fiefs Vendeens, Aveyron, Gaillac, Provence, Ventoux, Rhone (southern and northern), Touraine, Bourgueil, Sancerre, Chablis, Saint Bris, Bourgogne Vezelay, Bourgogne Aligote, Pommard, Volnay, Meursault, Saint Aubin, Maranges, Monthelie, Aloxe-Corton, Beaune, Savigny-les-Beaune, Mercurey, Gevrey-Chambertin, Chitry, Coteaux-du-Layon, Savennieres, Cheverny, Cour-Cheverny, Muscat de Rivesaltes, Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Vin de Pays des Côtes Catalanes, Buzet, Muscadet, Languedoc, St Jean de Minervois, Cairanne, Coteau d'Ancenis, Vouvray.